Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Winnipeg Hockey Again!

JR would like to extend a big and long-awaited congratulations to Winnipeg and the entire province of Manitoba for their successful return to NHL hockey! You really deserve it, and I wish the team nothing but success and hopefully this iteration of the Jets/whatever will bring a Cup to you!

On the flip side, I'd like to offer my condolences to the fans of the Atlanta thrashers. For the second time in under 35 years, a professional hockey team has left the great city of Atlanta and fled to Canada's west. I have hope that Atlanta will be the home of a NHL franchise within the next few decades, one that will be run properly and not into the ground.

I have hope that the return of the NHL to Winnipeg will be successful enough to inspire the League to come back to Hartford and Quebec City, which are in my opinion, the two most deserving cities without a franchise now.

No comments:

Post a Comment